So here's the story about my job: ok, so it's tax season and the month of January was really stressful & hectic. I was waking up at 5 AM every morning and getting to work by 7AM and working straight thru my lunch and staying until 4 or 5PM. Some days I was working for 9 hrs straight and some days, it was 10 hrs!! But don't feel too sorry for me b/c there are people here that worked till midnight every day and worked every weekend! Anyways, I guess I didn't realize the stress I was going thru b/c I was working so much and then coming home and taking care of Brenna by myself b/c Dustin was on 2nd shift andworking until midnight every night. I felt like a single mom and it's SOOO hard to manage a full time job and a child. Plus, I wasn't getting enough sleep during the week b/c I would stress about my work and I felt like a zombie trying to live off of caffeine to stay awake everyday! Well one day at work, I was sitting at my desk staring at the computer (as usual) and all of a sudden my eyesight was turning foggy and my body went numb. About a minute later my heart started pounding like crazy! I swear, even when I work out, my heart has never beat that fast before and I felt like I was either going to A: have a heart attack or B: faint. So I told a girl that sits at the cube next to me and she called down the nurse. We have a lady that used to be an RN but now she works at the corporate office. She checked my pulse and told me that it was normal but by the time she got down to my desk, my heart rate started to ease up. So my friend took me to the doctor's and they did an EKG to test my heart and that came back normal.......THANK GOD!!! She also recommended me to a cardiologist but I turned it down but just b/c everything came back normal.....had it not - then I would've went. She told me that stress can do crazy things to your body and you might not know that you're stressed. So I went home that afternoon to rest and I felt weak the whole day. It was really weird. You know, maybe it was God's way of showing me that "stress" can harm you and letting me know that I need a break, I need to relax. My work is not worth the stress and I finally realized that some things should be put to the side and if I don't have time to work on it, then that's tough shit! These people can wait!! I also came to realize that I'm NOT superwoman!!!! I'm only human and no work is worth the stress. So after talking to my boss, he wanted to take some work off of my hands but I told him that I would be able to do it but I'm not sticking with their deadlines and I'm just going to have to put my foot down and they are just going to have to wait until I can get to it. I know God's been answering my prayers - I kept asking him "is it worth it" "should I just quit".........
On Monday - I was approached by the Records Management Manager who had layed off somebody last Friday. She asked me if I would be interested in taking over his position and that would mean a promotion and a raise! She explained to me what all I would be doing and told me there wasn't any overtime and NO STRESS involved. And if I accepted that position,then I would get another raise in 6mths!! She told me that I would be making more being a Records Analyst then a property tax accountant and that I would definitely move up the ladder in the future. How can anyone pass up this opportunity??? I talked it over with Dustin and made my decision. I let her know that I would be honored to take that position. She was so desperate to put me in that position, she agreed to let me work from home on Fridays and if I wanted to work thru my lunch then Iwould be able to leave at 4! DEAL! So starting in a week - I will be changing my role as a property tax accountant to a records analyst (still in the tax dept)! Words of advice- accounting is NOT worth it! Looking at numbers all day and trying to figure out why there are discrepancies, let's just say OH MY GOSH! Now my brain won't hurt so much anymore! Sometimes it's good to get a little taste of everything. Change is always good and especially if it considers a promotion!!
to be continued..........
February 05, 2009
Exciting News!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
bless your heart..you have been going through so much. Well everything happens for a reason. Congrats on your promotion. And take some time for yourself. And try not to stress. love you girl!
I didn't know about your promotion..congrats!
Post a Comment