After going to the emergency room twice, calling 911, in & out of doctors offices, I FINALLY found out what's wrong with me. I have Mitral Valve Prolapse which was confirmed by the cardiologist who did an echo(ultrasound) of my heart. MVP is hereditary & I could've been born with it. Its when the valves(they're like flaps) on your heart don't open & close all the way. I've been having panic attacks for the past 2 months & I thought I was having a heart attack. I couldn't breathe b/c my throat closed up, my heart was racing, my vision got blurry, my body went numb & I was shivvering like crazy! You can have panic attacks if you have MVP b/c if your stressed then that's what can trigger it. I've never had one & I thought you had to be panicking about something but you don't. Every time I would have one, I was always relaxed, but mostly at work. The Cardio gave me beta blockers to control my heart rate. I have to take it everday. I have to stay away from caffeine(damn), alcohol(bigger damn), smoking(don't care), & anything that can raise your heart rate. So now I've been off caffeine for 3 wks....yayyy! I went thru caffeine withdrawels & had really bad headaches. It was very hard. I'm not going to let myself slow down & get lazy so I've been using my elliptical every night (b/c exercise is a big plus if u have MVP) & I've been eating healthy. Every now & then I get tired but I still get some energy after eating or working out, so its not so bad. Hopefully my symptoms will be temporary *cross fingers*. Some people have MVP & not have any symptoms. Only 15-25% of americans have MVP. People mostly find out in their 20s & 30s. Its not dangerous but I have to be strict on myself since I do suffer panic attacks. I'm seeing a Psychologist to help me cope, relax & to help me deal w/the attacks. I'm glad the scare is over with & I finally know what's wrong w/me. Thank God!


0 comments:
Post a Comment